Topband: W1AW

Jim Monahan K1PX at msn.com
Wed Oct 10 10:36:44 EDT 2012

I was in contact with Joe Garcia, W1AW station manager, about not being
on the air on 160 meters.

This is his response:

"Yes, we've not been on 160 meters for about a week or so. It's not by choice.

Our 160 meter antenna was damaged in a storm. And, given the current schedule, I won't be able to get it repaired (actually, replaced with a new antenna) until Wednesday, October 24 when my antenna contractor is here for the Autumn inspections. The new antenna is ready; I just have to wait.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that we will be up and running soon on that band."

Jim, K1PX