Topband: Monopole Elev Pattern w.r.t. Earth Conductivity

cris blak cyo3fff at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 03:04:51 EDT 2012

Hello Richard,

>The following link illustrates these pattern effects for a wide range of conductivities, other things equal.
>http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/rfry-100/Monopole_Surf_Wv_Compare.jpg

What I understand from your simulation (above) is that the near and far field are functions to ground conductivity. The less ground conductivity, the less electrical field will be measured (near/far filed).

That means, the radiation pattern will be affected too because the electromagnetic wave will be much curved  to the ground, so the ground wave intensity will be direct proportional with the conductivity.

Is it right?

Regards,

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi