Topband: Vertical with elevated transmission line?

D Rodman MD rodman at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 25 22:41:35 EDT 2012

I was having an educational discussion with a friend tonight about the
ramifications of feeding a vertical with an elevated transmission line.  The
situation would be he does not want to dig up the mesh for the 20' around the
base.  It was suggested to bring the transmission line out of the ground about 8'
high to the tower and then down to the feed point.  I wondered about it enough to
ask here.  I wasn't sure how to model it with eznec.  Thanks.

David J Rodman, MD

Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology
SUNY/Buffalo