Topband: 1/4" tip/sleeve connectors?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Sat Sep 1 21:44:20 EDT 2012

I haven't ever used them for this purpose, but I used them a lot back when I was working with a recording studio. They are commonly known as "TRS" connectors (tip, ring, sleeve). There are lots of patch bays on ebay too -- just look for "ADC" (a manufacturer) and "bay".

The connectors were intended for audio-type frequencies so you probably won't get great isolation between channels using them in the RF range. They are really durable though and can take a lot of mating cycles without damage.

-Bill
[Sent using Blackberry Messaging]