Topband: electrical wavelength

HAROLD SMITH JR w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 10 11:04:19 EDT 2012

Hello Bob,

I have used the published velocity factors for years.
I made a 4:1 balan for my Telrex 20M546 a few years ago with RG14 coax. After I
cut it, I checked it

with my GDO and all was fine.

73  Price W0RI

Hi it's still flooded here but I wanted to fire up one of my verticals by itself
on 160 and feed it with a half wave of Comscope RG6 since I don't have enough 50
ohm line to reach it. I have a AIM 4170 to cut the line with but my question to
the group is - how much variation from published nominal velocity factors have
you encountered in practice when cutting lines to length? How accurate do we
need to be for 1/4 wave lines?

73 Bob