Topband: Pulse noise source help!

Doc Khalsa doc at cybermesa.com
Wed Sep 12 11:04:34 EDT 2012

I have had a longstanding problem with pulse noise off my SW BOG. The
pulses are ~5khz wide, ~1 to 1.5 S units
in amplitude, are spaced every 12 khz, do not drift (one always right on
1825!), and extend from ~1700 to 2500 khz.
The pulse usually begins around 7am and can stay on various lengths of
time.  There are 5 houses which are suspect most having
well pumps, AC, etc.  Also, this is rural NM!   Any suggestions on what
this noise might come from?  No luck tracking it down so far
because the absolute signal level is so weak (peaking at -120dBm with
noise floor at -127 in my P3).  Thanks for input.
Doc, K7SO  Espanola, NM