Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 117, Issue 20

k6xt k6xt at arrl.net
Sun Sep 16 14:02:49 EDT 2012

An additional issue for weak sig CW folks is the nature of digi
operations. Digi operators don't always check for pre-existing activity.
The result is the digi setup begins its 1 minute of howling,
irrespective of some CW activity already in progress. No problem to the
digi operator whose setup will mindlessly repeat until acknowledged. A
deal breaker to the CW activity.

Like Tom I neither endorse nor object to digi activity, except as it
jams existing CW. I share his opinion that the frequency choice for digi
activity could not have been more poorly chosen.

73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
ARRL, GMCC, CW OPS, NAQCC
ARRL TA