Topband: W5UN this morning (Tuesday 25th September) - long pathinto EI?

Lennart M lennart.michaelsson at telia.com
Wed Sep 26 10:46:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was up early this morning (Tuesday 25th September) and heard W5UN come up
on 160m at 0444utc. Though very weak and with deep QSB, he was by far and
away the strongest  on my K9AY when switched NE and next strongest when
switched SE. I'm in IO51, he is in EM19; direct bearing is 296 degrees
(WNW), long path is 116 degrees (SSE).

I tried calling (as did a few others) but I think perhaps only SM7BIC worked
him. I'm not sure though as condx from my perspective were very marginal
becuase of the deep QSB.

Local sunrise was at 0625utc today

Was he really long path (33428km) or is some other propagation mechanism at
play here?

GE all,
Never worked Dave this morning. Dave was on the chat and called me but we
both had high QRN. Maybe better tmw?
Anyway good to see increasing activity again.
73
Len SM7BIC