Topband: Conway reef

John Harden jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 30 16:50:18 EDT 2012

I worked 3D2C on 160 at 1127 Z this morning (4 minutes before my sunrise
in Atlanta)...

They had a good Q5 signal and were only copyable to the SW on the Hi-Z
8-Circle array. This array has great F/B and excellent gain. I could not
be any more pleased after trying many antennas that do not come close to
it. It is a little over 100 feet from the transmit antenna and appears
to work with very little interaction.

Note: This is a personal opinion and is NOT backed by a double blind
scientific study or statistical analysis. I used these at Georgia Tech
while in graduate school in the early 1970's. I felt pretty good when I
received the M.S. degree there until I noticed the title of a Ph.D.
dissertation completed by a fellow who graduated at the same time I did.
It's title was:

"An Analysis of Helicopter Wing Dampening Characteristics Using the
Boltzman Transport Equation".  (In Aeronautical Engineering)

After seeing that I didn't feel so smart anymore..... I could never
forget that.....

73,

John, W4NU