Topband: K3 help requested

luc kerkhofs luckerkhofs at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 17:38:49 EDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: luc kerkhofs <luckerkhofs at yahoo.com>
To: "elecraft at mailman.qth.net" <elecraft at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:38 PM
Subject: help requested

Hi all,

I think I may have a problem with my K3 . I was checking my beverage antennas last week and I decided to see
if I could hear signals on my coaxes going to the beverages .

At night I can hear signals up to S5 on 80 m with 50 feet of coax connected to the receive input jack , coax end is open and is going underground except for the last 8 feet .
I have band reject filters inline on my TX antennas and when I manually switch the filter and TX antenna to a different band
I can barely detect the stations that were S5 before . I tried the same with my other radio and the stations I hear are not moving
the S meter .
Did I do something wrong in assembling the radio ?

Thanks for helping out

73
Luc
ON4IA