Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Dec 4 12:45:06 EST 2013

On 2013-12-04 08:25, Gary Smith wrote:
> I agree with Doug on N1MM. Do follow the instructions on the download
> page to install the program first and then the most recent update.
> Then once it's running and you've filled in the station info, under
> the tools tab you'll find some other downloads available & download
> them. You'll find there's a bit of a curve to using it but it's so
> easy to use you'll really appreciate it. Tab to select & scroll,

If N1MM was truly easy to learn, it wouldn't need the above disclaimer.
I've used N1MM for years.  My opinion (YMMV):

Is it easy to install, configure and learn.  No.
Is it easy to use?  No.
Is it well documented?  No.
Is it intuitive?  No.

It is a serious program for the serious contester
who is willing to invest the time and effort in it.

It does have the advantage of being free, but unfortunately, your time
isn't free.

If you want easy to learn, look elsewhere.  For example, N3FJP.

Rick N6RK