Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 15:16:58 EST 2013

On 12/04/2013 01:12 PM, Mike Waters wrote:
> Thanks for all the recommendations for N1MM, but I am just unable to
> install it on my shack's Linux computer. Under WINE, I get a database
> run-time error after I do the latest update. And there's something wrong
> with my Virtualbox Windows XP installation on that machine that I don't
> have time to fix.
>
> How about Trlog for DOS? There is NO price or purchase info at
> http://www.trlog.com, nor does it say what contests the free version
> supports.
>
> I'll look at the others soon.
>
> 73, Mike
> www.w0btu.com

N1MM doesn't run in WINE on my Linux computers, either. I'm using paper
at the moment. It always works the way you want and you don't have to
reboot it <evil grin>. As for serious contesters...I ain't ever going to
win one because I don't care enough. I get into some of them for a
little while, give up some QSOs (being generous with that Q signal) and
then go find something else to do. Paper works fine for me. Professional
contesters will have to continue the hunt for logging programs that work
other than in Windows if thats what they want.

73,

Bill  KU8H