Topband: 160M Contest

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 7 12:12:25 EST 2013

On 12/6/2013 5:11 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> I'm going to run QRP hoping to complete QRP WAS (I need 6 eastern
> states), except that I'll go QRO on the outside chance that a new
> country shows up.

Working east this morning was a complete bust -- only a few signals
heard around east coast sunrise, and they were all weak. WJ9B/7 couldn't
even hear me (and he couldn't hear K9AY or K9CT, on whose run frequency
he was calling CQ for a long time. Maybe fell asleep. I''l try again
Sunday morning. Did manage to work KL7RA, KH6/KU1CW, and T32RC, all on
the first call, with some repeats needed.

73, Jim K9YC