Topband: Quarter-wavelength patterns available

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Dec 9 09:14:22 EST 2013

I am an alligator since adding an amp to my station and need to improve 160M receive abilities.

I have a very odd shaped suburban lot but I do have a quarter wavelength on 160M available in roughly the NNE-SSW direction.

The corners of the lot have a lot of brush and trees and are actually pretty good opportunities for supporting K9AY loops in. I have a near infinite supply of bamboo poles from neighbor's overgrowth I might be able to use as supports too. I already have a K9AY loop in one corner of the lot but would like to improve things.

What patterns would be available to me given the roughly quarter wavelength spacing? Most desirable directions are NE to EU and W to California.

Tim N3QE