Topband: Well, Duh... (Apology re: ARRL160)

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Dec 15 19:35:54 EST 2013

On 12/13/2013 4:52 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> I screwed up and spent a couple of one hour stretches Saturday night CQing
> in the DX window until someone got my attention and convinced me that ARRL

I don't think what you did deserves DQ, but that's your call.
I observed some stations in the DX window in the recent
contest, but there was still plenty of room for DX.
With good clean rigs like K3's, it's not like the bad
old days when one strong signal could take out the
whole window.

BTW, I don't call CQ in the window myself, but I
also don't act as the frequency police if someone
else does.  It's just a hobby.

Rick N6RK