Topband: Insulator problems

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 16 11:31:50 EST 2013

Because of a current/voltage node I was toasting SO-239's (FORGET Type
"N"'s).... I went to Amphenol Type "HN" connectors in the 160 tuning box
at the base of the tower. It NEVER arcs now, ever.....

http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/hn.asp?N=0&sid=52AE42803C4E617F&

They are not cheap, but they work great...

73,

John, W4NU