Topband: any Surplus NCC-1 controllers out there?

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Dec 19 18:27:54 EST 2013

I'm looking for a DXE NCC-1 and if anyone has one they find is not
sufficiently useful and wants to sell it, please contact me directly.

As you may recall from earlier posts, I have an ongoing difficult
situation with Amtrak being 100' from my antennas and its 25KV
electric lines raise hell with my Rx. Sometimes the noise is 20 over
on topband and sometimes the noise is nothing but momentary crackles
but it's almost always there and usually louder than the DX.

There's enough possible points of RFI generated along Amtraks line
that being able to null out the interference is not a given and the
very helpful tech at DXE wasn't convinced it would help, just too
many variables. The price of a buying a new one as an experiment is
prohibitive considering it's iffy if it will help me at all. Still, I
have to try something and after the too many hours of failed attempts
running beverages into the marsh, making pennants, flags and more;
this seems like my last chance left to improve reception that I
haven't tried.

Thanks & now back to your regularly scheduled QSO.

73,

Gary
KA1J

---