Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 13:37:39 EST 2013

On 12/28/2013 01:17 PM, w7dra at juno.com wrote:
>   i am planning to do something not useful to anyone, let alone
> me.............i plan to make a youtube video and post it on W7DRA. i
> have paralleled my earphones and cut down the sound with three
> attenuators (2 RF, 1 audio), so that i can use a hifi amp to make "a room
> loud radio".
>
> even though i worked about an hour in the RAC i worked no one, even when
> i went up to 200 watts with my 211 amp. and there were stations within 5
> kcs of my rock calling CQ but to no avail.
>
> i hope stew perry will be different,  i am not looking to make this
> effort a Single Digit Contest Club entry
>
> mike w7dra

Hi,

I was hoping to hear the band suddenly become *open* at 1500Z but so far
there is only light duty "air noise". I don't know if my radio is
working or the band has not yet "opened". It occurred to me to maybe
look at the RBN but I am going in as "single op" so that is out.
Meanwhile I'm playing with my accordion and working on a power supply
for another ham.

73,

Bill  KU8H