Topband: CA/OR/AZ activity during Stew Perry - anecdotal data

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:21:38 EST 2013

I thought I'd share some data points from my Stew Perry log. Even though
propagation to the west coast seemed good from upstate NY, I had the
impression of less activity than expected from California so I looked
closer at my log.  What I found was 13 q's from California and 14 q's each
from neighboring Oregon and Arizona (each with 1/7 of the ham population of
CA).  Perhaps the ham population in California is disproportionately
urban/suburban with less topband activity, Californians disproportionately
go QRP in SP or ???

73 & Happy New Year,
Barry N1EU