Topband: Interesting report

Mark Lunday mlunday at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 02:40:05 EST 2013

0730 UTC, insomnia and DX overstimulation to the brain, I was on TB and I
worked ZL1BYZ (thanks for new DX, John, #93 on TB).

My first ever ZL on 160 (heard or worked).  John was solid, S8 on peaks on
the HiZ (which helped cut down the t-storm static).  And John was working EU
(especially G stations) via gray line at their sunrise during his sunset.  I
could hear both sides of the QSO's, and it felt like I was on 20 meters
rather than TB.  VERY COOL.

Never heard that before on TB.  As Leonard Nimoy would say on Star Trek as
Spock:  Fascinating.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4elg at arrl.net