Topband: 160M Signal Strenghts

Gord Kosmenko ve6sv at xplornet.ca
Thu Feb 14 12:55:43 EST 2013

A very interesting discussion on RX arrays, but I need to

ask about the signal strength you guys are actually working

with using these arrays?

Here at 53 deg N lat and 113 deg W long 160M signal strengths

are in the ESP region. Having 800 to 1000 foot beverages and

4Q RX array for 160M and location that enables me to use AMP1

on the rig as noise does not move the S meter signals are just

darn weak!

My TX vertical provides me to RX with either AMP1 or IPO1

on with a noise reading of S1 to S2. Yet  DX signals are down at

ESP level here.

Many 160M DX packet reports even west of me (but south) like

W7 and W6  cannot be heard by me.

Again what is the signal strength levels are you guys working

with these arrays?

73, Gord VE6SV