Topband: Webinar - The first Top Band DX Contest â?" the 1921 Transatlantic Test

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Sun Feb 24 10:24:07 EST 2013

W9AC writes:
> The antenna was a caged T-top with elevated counterpoise

I had the opportunity to travel around China a lot last summer and saw many caged T-top or cage dipole antennas. Maybe they were cage dipoles, hard to tell from the distance I was at (typically I sighted them from tour buses or rail lines, around outer ring roads in major cities).

Had visions that maybe a ham club there would get to use them to get on 80 or 160 :-).

Are T-tops ever used in NA for commercial BCB stations?

Tim N3QE