Topband: Broadband dipoles

Tom Boucher tom at telemetry.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 12:20:41 EST 2013

Yes Tom, I was going to mention the polyprop guys as well. Worst stuff you
can use. Well remember a 60' mast bent across my neighbours roof as a result
of using polyprop guys which had degraded in UV. You get splinters of the
stuff in your hands as well!

I use polyester (Terylene, Dacron, Trevira) for guys which seems pretty
good. Nylon is super strong so I use it for halyards but it does have a
fairly high stretch so not ideal for guys.

73
Tom G3OLB