Topband: Blessed With Too Many Trees?

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Jan 2 16:51:23 EST 2013

Ive personally seen the results of HF to 2M QRO (usually legal or close to
it) on trees when concentrated by yagis that were barely above them. Id be
there as a visitor or doing tower/antenna work and sometimes tree trimming.
The top leaves and needles turn brown when they are close enough.

Of course there were no reports of signal attenuation since there was no
reference to compare to. And that brings us full circle to feel good
comments as seen on many forums.

I believe it has been established as fact on here that trees CAN attenuate
RF, even on 160. The variables are many and as with ground systems there are
no one size fits all rules.

Carl
KM1H