Topband: Another take on power line noise hunting

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sat Jan 5 13:17:45 EST 2013

Hi Paul,

You would helpful a step attenuator, in 1 dB steps, to be a valuable addition to your tool bag.  There are situations where it helps isolate to an individual pole.  Its much more accurate than an S-meter.

Something like this, or many other alternatives:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coaxial-RF-Step-Attenuator-Set-1-dB-steps-to-70-dB-total-DC-to-1-GHz-/200866468929?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec4931441

73
Frank
W3LPL