Topband: Receiving loop worked great in Stew Perry

cris blak cyo3fff at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 11:23:03 EST 2013

Hello Rick,

I've tried also a K9AY such loop on the past SP contest and was a good improvement over my INV-L. I never heard before CE1/K7CA and south american DX stations. An A/B test were "all to nothing" for K9AY loop comparing with INV-L for many times.
Due to local constraint, I'm using a single loop on E-W switchable configuration. The F/B is about 15 to 25dB measured on MW BC band.
Despite it is mounted on the INV-L near field (about 25 meters away), the mutual coupling does not damage too much the radiation pattern.

I suggest to everyone who does not try a receiving antenna on 160m to give it a try. It will make a BIG difference.

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi

Here is a link to the NCJ article describing the loop:

http://www.n6rk.com/loopantennas/NCJ_loop_antenna_N6RK.pdf

Rick N6RK