Topband: flag for 160m rx in differend size

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Fri Jan 11 10:38:51 EST 2013

> Annyone tryed to setup a W7IUV Flag half size on 160 and found out anny
> difference in performing?I think the gain is some 6db less but how about
> directivity and performance?

Anny Info vy welcome
> Vy 73
> Frank
> DL8YHR.de

I have been happy with my half size flag.  Measured patterns shown at
http://www.n3ox.net/projects/flag

I think if I lived in a very low noise location it might not have QUITE
enough gain to be used with the W7IUV preamp (in other words, the
wintertime noise would not be far above the radio noise floor)

But if I lived in a low noise location, it would require me to be far from
others' houses, which would mean I didn't need a half-size flag.

73,
Dan