Topband: RF on beverages

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 16:25:00 EST 2013

I have used an MFJ 1026 in the past in an attempt to phase beverages. There are small protective bulbs in the input circuits to protect against high levels of RF pickup. These can really "light up" if you use high power and your beverages are close to your TX antenna.

I would never run a long RX antenna directly into a receiver port without some form of protective device such as a "front end saver" or relay circuit to disconnect the antenna during TX.

73, Dennis W0JX/8