Topband: Ground System Advice

Joe galicic at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 15:20:42 EST 2013

Guys,

I'm adding more wire to my ground system and want to ask your opinion on
the way I want to do it.  Take a look at the bottom of my QRZ page for a
rough picture of my ground system idea.

Is it ok to do it this way or is it better if ALL the radials connect to
the feed point ground rod?  As you can see I will have quite a tight
space in which to route ALL radials back the feed point.  That is why I
want to break the system into TWO radial fields if you will.

My current system only has 6 radials installed. Three going into the
front yard and three in the back yard.  All random length.

Today I also laid down a 3x50 piece of wire mesh in the area of the feed
point ground rod. This will only be for the winter.

Thanks

Joe
KB3KJS