Topband: Help with RFI

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:52:37 EST 2013

Jim's suggestion worked beautifully here! 14 turns of CAT5 cable on a
single 2.4" #31 core works much better than the old choke with 5 or 6 turns
through four stacked 2.4" #31 cores. It eliminated the last traces of RFI
coming through my computer speakers running 700w on 75 meters.

And three more turns of the line cord through the same core all but
eliminated it on 40 meters.

(If you haven't figured it out already, the dipole is much too close to the
house.)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com