Topband: CQ160CW Exchange for VO1 & VO2?

Mike ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Jan 24 19:56:01 EST 2013

Tree: Can you pse forward to the list?  My msg's aren't making it.

To further muddy the waters, contest organizers (not just this contest) seem
to sometimes think there are no VE1's in NB or PEI, which is not correct.

Back some years ago mid 1993 or so we were given a choice to hold onto our
VE1 calls, but most gave them up for a VE9 or a VY2 call.

(The NS VE1's remained VE1's)

Thankfully (or not?) most contesters living in PEI are VY2's and most
contesters living in NB are VE9's.

To say it another way:

All VE9's are in NB

All VY2's are in PEI

All VE1's are not necessarily only in Nova Scotia, but are in either VE1,
VE9 or even VY2 land.  95% of the time though the VE1's

you'll encounter "in a contest" will be in NS.

Sometimes we're "MAR" (NB/VE9 guys) and sometimes we're NB..it's quite
confusing...but a VE9 is always in NB...since 1994

Oh.got off on a tangent.  (VO1) Newfoundland and (VO2) Labrador are actually
the same province, though they used to be sortof separate.

It's now officially called "Newfoundland and Labrador".has been for many
years...sometimes they both count as just "NL" and sometimes its "NF" and
then also "LB" (also very confusing)

I know all this likely doesn't help (much). Nobody will remember and every
contest counts VE1,VE9, VY2, VO1 & VO2 differently.

Maybe someday everyone can agree where we all are.  They seem to have the US
of A figured out, but Canadian provinces are some dark mystery (hi!)

Thanks

Mike VE9AA (yes, in NB..always!)

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB