Topband: CQ 160 Contest

Henk PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Mon Jan 28 02:42:42 EST 2013

I was only active from Saturday evening on.
Had the idea that there were more participants as last years.

About the DX, I did not hear a lot of asian stations, and those that I
hear were very weak. Did not work Japan.
Till about 02:00 UTC I did only work 5 NA stations, and signals were not
good.
I took a break and from 03:00 I was on again. After that time I worked
several eastcoast NA.
Signals were like on 20m. But almost no midwest.

 From half hour before sunrise (sunrise at 07:30) I also worked AZ and
CA and several caribbean stations. Signals like 20m.

After sunrise band closed pretty fast. Last dx at 07:33 with W0AIH.
I stopped at 07:45.

Sunday evening was the same, only EU no Asia, only some middle east
heard. (Not worked as too many stations only calling and not listening).

I did work 2 TX stations, but used to work more.

73 Henk PA5KT