Topband: Coupla things

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Mon Jan 28 13:03:09 EST 2013

As I usually do S&P in contests, I was tuning from 1.8 and going up,
then repeating when there were no more CW signals. It's certainly
possible there might be artifacts in this K3 but I wasn't using the
DSP noise reduction nor the Noise Blanker. There were some very loud
and powerful signals I came across that had no sign of clicks and
some much less powerful S wise that were loaded with them. Most
people had good signals but the ones that stood out covered both
sides of their signal nicely. The ones that were obvious to me were
obliterating the weaker signals near them.

Gary
KA1J