Topband: Changing received signal levels

Eduardo Araujo er_araujo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 11:31:06 EST 2013

> I gotta think that Top Band offers some "unusual" operating
> "conditions" that, amongst other witness "states," shows us
> clearly how dynamic the band is!

James,
      That is very common from here, Sometimes during the whole contest I have a few seconds to work stations. I have to break just prior to the peak, exchange during the peak, and then the station begin disappearing during the confirmation.

Many times If we fail to hear well during the exchange I have no second chance and have to wait up to 5 to 10 minutes for the next QSB peak.

If time and conditions permit, I will be participating during the SSB version at the end of February.

Lets see how many of you conditions will allow me to work with.... Eddy, LU2DKT