Topband: Desktop Power Supply Brand/Noise Question

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 10:27:03 EDT 2013

Hello to the group.I recently built an AMD quadcore machine I intend to eventually replace my trusty XP Pro machines.
Foolishly got in a hurry to complete the build and purchased a PS from a local shop.It supplies the power required without issue, I have discovered why the price was so good.Jim Brown will love this one, virtually no RFC filtering, you get what you pay for and I know betterjust didn't realize the noise from 40m and down would be SO intense particularly on a Delta pennantthat points back toward the shack's general direction.  The XP machines are very quiet.Live and learn.
Question: Looking at another "good deal" how do the COOLER MASTER PS's rate for RFC filteringor are there others brand I should be looking at?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS072013&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS072013-_-EMC-072013-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17171031-L04B
Will likely not waste time trying to make a Cadillac out of the Yugo I purchased.

Thankyou in advance,

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, ILWebmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/