Topband: Inv-L joy

Arthur Delibert radio75a3 at msn.com
Tue Jul 23 06:16:58 EDT 2013

I use an EZ-Hang slingshot to throw rope over the tree limbs, and then use that to pull the wire antenna into place.  I remove a length of the outer insulation from an old piece of coax and, once I see where the rope crosses the tree limb, I slide the coax insulation onto that part of the rope.  It's pretty good and long-lasting protection against wear and tear.  And like Herb, I use a counterweight, rather than tying the rope tight -- not perfect, but it absorbs some blows without the antenna coming down.

Art Delibert
KB3FJO