Topband: Don W6AM

john w8wej at citynet.net
Sat Jul 27 19:24:51 EDT 2013

if there is a photo, perhaps some one could post it to this list--I
would love to see it.  in wv we had several guys running 4-400s on the road.
back in the day , I had a hw12a and  a master mobile running either a
pair of 811a s or 572 b s and remember at night on 75 doing the "hello
the west coast" thing with a Webster band spanner in my dodge dart--went
through 3 alternators at least- boy did the headlights ever dim!!-good
days , golden years of ham radio for me , at least--73 john w8wej