Topband: Wireless Internet RFI Issue

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Mon Jul 29 15:37:25 EDT 2013

Unfortunately if you have DSL2/2+ the frequencies coincide with the 160
meter band.  Even if you have straight DSL you can have problems when
you transmit on 160.  Tom is right about the ferrite not being a
solution as I have wound the incoming lines on many large coils and
nothing seemed to worked. I ordered the parts for the DSL filter that is
on Tom's wonderful site but I also found on line a filter that killed my
DSL problem cold.  The Westek Z100B1 inserted in the telco in coming
right at the DSL modem for me was the answer.  It is available on line
by just putting the model number in your search engine.  Now when a
quest op is using my stations on the highers bands during a contest
remotely from the states, my TX on 160 doesn't shut down the Remote Rig
set up like before by swamping the DSL or making it slow down on data
packets.

This is for transmitting RFI issues on 160 but it may also isolate noise
from the DSL incoming...if that is an issue apart from switching
supplies and even routers themselves.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ