Topband: trimming elevated radials

Jeff Blaine jeff at ac0c.com
Fri Mar 29 12:56:32 EDT 2013

What is the preferred method of tuning elevated radials for uniformity?

I realize you can measure the lengths, try to get uniform heights, etc so that you match the model as close as possible.  However, it seems that this is good only to the first approximation.

There are two methods that I thought of.  Measuring the current at the base of the vertical/radial union and trimming lengths iteratively trying to get a uniform current reading on all elements.

The second one was to disconnect all the radials.  And then connect them one-by-one, trimming for the same resonance point for the single radial+vertical as a pair.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie