Topband: Problem with compression F connectors on Quad RG-6

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue May 7 12:24:19 EDT 2013

 But if you deploy bad
> cable and hardware into a system, you'll feel the pain a long time as it
> affects long-term service call volume, unhappy customers, and angry
> government leaders who generally hate the cable operators.
>
> Paul, W9AC

I started the Cable Committee here and led it thru many negotiations and
problems with various CATV outfits over 25 years. The current group along
with Comcast have maintained an excellent relationship but it took lots of
training of committee members who did not have a tech backround and beating
on cable company reps who would try anything to claim innocence or double
talk their way around contract, and technical issues (much like what happens
on some ham forums (-;
It was a nice compliment when other towns sent their members here to get
edumecated.

Carl
KM1H