Topband: Magnetic Loops

Gary and Kathleen Pearse pearse at gci.net
Tue May 21 16:48:41 EDT 2013

Expecting this and given the proximity of my transmission antennas to the Wellbrook Loop (50-100'), I put 10 Type 31 slip-on beads over each end of the RG8-X feed and rotator control cable, and insulated the loop from the rotator with CPVC plumbing pipe.

Did it help? Maybe. I get no feed line issues at legal limit in the shack. It simply was a shotgun reaction to a perceived potential problem.

73, Gary NL7Y