Topband: Drake TR7 for sale from W3BH

Jim Sorenson kjsorenson at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:55:10 EDT 2013

Slight revision - I have sold off the MN75 separately.

I'm selling my TR7 station. Details are as follows:

Serial Number 4298
PS7/FA-7/NB-7/AUX-7/MS-7
SL-4000
SL-6000
SL-1800
SL-500
Also transmits and receives all WRAC bands
Receives 0 - 500, but weakly as expected
Original Blue Drake Manual labeled "TR7A"
Non-smoking
Very lightly used
No mic included

Issues:

TR7 - Light scratches on top of case, but looks solid "black" from 2 feet
front view
Used very little over 15 years I've had it. I was working in Egypt for most
of that time and it was boxed up at home.  Case screws underneath are not
original, but fit properly. One screw on bottom holding case on was broken
off. It can be extracted and replaced. Speaker case is slightly bent at top
back. Probably can be straightened. Front panel and controls are perfect.

Over two seasons on 160 CW, I worked 70 countries running barefoot with an
inverted-L

Reason for selling - Retired and need money for receiver projects.

Shipping at cost. It will take at least three boxes for safety and
security. Estimate $100

Could meet half way if reasonable from Pittsburgh. Traveling to Boston by
car from 29th to 4th and could drop off if you are near the path

Will never go on eBay. If no interest here I will put it on QTH and QRZ.
Can meet you on the air from 160 to 10 if you want to hear what it sound
like.

Pictures are here -
https://plus.google.com/photos/103146183216051782359/albums/5843761461331631601

Price: $650 plus shipping