Topband: Shunt fed tower plus Marconi vertical phasing on 160and80?

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Thu May 30 21:06:28 EDT 2013

> It is more "cookie cutter" to use series fed quarter wave elements with
> current feed (95% of people still do that wrong), but if you have a little
> patience and don't mind experimentation, you could certainly make it work.
> I phased dissimilar elements many times over the years, with the grossest
> mismatch a "T" phased against a shunt fed tower. All it takes is parts and
> patience. :-)
>
> 73 Tom

Since it is very hard to lose gain with any halfway decent 2 vertical system
and many also use directive receiving antennas there is no real need to
build the best phasing network. In those cases a basic coax phasing network
works as well as spending gobs of money and/or dumping power in a dummy
load.

Carl
KM1H