Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Sat Nov 2 20:08:25 EDT 2013

I can only give a rough direction from here, because right now the multipath
is terrible.

I'm at 33-04-38N and 84-03-28W       That's EM73XB or EM73XC

It appears to center on 130 degrees true from me. Because of multipath it
could be off +-5 degrees. The direction keeps shifting.

That's a line from my house (midway between Forsyth and Barnesville GA) down
past Brunswick GA, down the islands, eventually crossing the area of Puerto
Rico and J3.

I just went out to check it again, and it appears to be gone.

73 Tom