Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Sat Nov 2 21:10:23 EDT 2013

> Based on Tom's bearing, the source is clearly not in the Carolinas as a
> few
> have specuilated.
>
> Charlie, K4OTV

You can be absolutely sure it is not in or anywhere near NC.

My heading can't be more than a few degrees off. This closely matches
Jerry's line, his line is just west of mine and almost parallel.

The only issue is the multipath the signal had near sunset, but I think I
got a pretty good average at 130 degrees true from me. (EM73XB or EM73XC). A
second reading later in time is always best to double check, but the signal
went away.

73 Tom