Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 3 21:48:14 EST 2013

Hi Steve,

Yes, tonight at 0230z I rx'd for 3500.85 carrier and it is there at s-5. I
did not rx last night for it.
The peak is very noticeable, and the null of the back of the beam is equally
clear.
I also notice a sudden qrg shift sporadically.

Your bearing is at 340 and mine in Calgary at 250 puts the source very
broadly in Washington State??
This is very strange.
Now we have a west coast carrier interloper??
3501.6 is gone tonight.

3,500.845- 250 deg (SW)
3,501.6- Gone here tonight no signal
3,503.15- no carrier