Topband: Wanted - Harline connectors

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Nov 5 10:09:57 EST 2013

I make mine from brass compression fittings and Teflon SO-239 barrels.

I slit and remove maybe 1/8th inch from the compression ring circumference
in a brass fitting so it can compress tight without crushing the aluminum
shield.

I run a CW thread die up and down the center, and then a CCW thread die up
and down the center  to reduce the size so it fits the SO239.

Then I sweat solder the barrel in the fitting, and mount it on the cable
with dielectric grease to avoid corrosion and water.

This gives you a $10 removable female cable end.