Topband: Local noise source identification

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 9 19:02:06 EST 2013

The switching frequency of switching power supplies can vary with the burden
on the supply as well as ambient temperature. If it's sensitive to outdoor
temperature could be the electric utility meters - most of those contain
switching power supplies these days, and the meter's internal temperature
tracks up and down with ambient temperature. Other candidates would be
electric utility load control equipment, control electronics in heat-pumps
etc., and electronics associated with satellite receivers.

Good luck!

Charlie, K4OTV