Topband: Blowing diodes on relay switches

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Nov 15 08:12:46 EST 2013

I think you raise a good point Tom. I know I have some RF in the shack especially when running the amplifier on 10M which has been happening a lot the past few months. The computer sometimes reboots and USB and audio peripherals go wacky. With the switch diodes dying during a big RTTY test on 10M maybe my transmit signal just in the shack could do in the diodes etc.

The bypassing of control voltages is just some dinky 50V .01uF monolithic ceramics, and the inductance in the isolation transformer windings.

Right now I have a rats nest of coax, each cable way too long, daisy chaining rig to switchbox to amp to switchbox to tuner to antenna. Computer, USB, video, audio, and footswitch wiring is all tangled up too. Maybe should just clean that!

Tim N3QE