Topband: Detuning/Grounding Xmit Antenna while on RX

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat Nov 16 07:06:51 EST 2013

Can someone explain why grounding the feed of a shunt fed tower
prevents it from re-radiating noise? The tower is already grounded.
I don't understand how grounding the coax port looking into the
gamma or omega match accomplishes the goal.

I've been trying to get my shunt fed tower to stop re-radiating
noise into my Beverages for 7 years with NO success. I've been
trying to detune a section of the tower by making a loop with
capacitor as described in ON4UN's books.

73,
Paul N1BUG